HR Generalist / Sports Marketing
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment
The Human Resource Generalist will assist in running the daily functions of the HR department including employee relations, recruitment, benefits, as well as ensuring company policies and practices are followed. This position will interface with the Senior HR Management Team as well as Business Unit Leaders to which the position is assigned. The incumbent in this position will learn and develop throughout most functional areas within Human Resources.ResponsibilitiesEMPLOYEE RELATIONS:
STAFFING AND RECRUITMENT:
- Answer routine inquiries from in- and outside the company on employee issues relating to the Employee Manual.
- Perform a wide range of personnel duties, including advising supervisors and managers on application of policy, counseling employees, processing suggestions, and preparing a variety of reports under the direction of your assigned HR Manager.
- Assists with the maintenance and updates of KSE HR-related manuals, under the supervision of the Senior HR Management Team and your direct Manager.
- Perform employee relations’ function, including support and counseling regarding personnel and job-related grievances in order to ensure company policies and procedures are administered fairly and consistently.
- Assist HR Management with the establishment and compliance of all HR-related policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development of HR-related employment processes. Assist with establishing performance appraisal programs, when and if applicable, employee benefit programs and services, recruitment processes, and company safety and health programs, if requested. Monitor for effectiveness and cost containment.
- Protect interests of employees and the company in accordance with company policies and all laws and regulations.
- Assist with recommendations for terminations, with approval of your HR Manager and the final approval from the Senior Vice President of Human Resources.
- Manage company-wide unemployment claims, with approval from your HR Manager.
- Provide necessary education and materials to line management and employees, including but not limited to, workshops, manuals, employee handbook, and standardized reports – under direct supervision of your HR Manager.
- Assemble in bulk, packets of information distributed at New Hire Orientation Meetings. Ensure the quality of packets for professionalism.
- Write job descriptions for review and edit job descriptions written by others, for final approval of the Senior HR Management team, utilizing standardized format.
- Review applications and interview applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements, and to provide information about the organization and position.
- Screen and refer candidates for additional interviews with others in the organization.
- Oversee all new hire paperwork. Review paperwork on all new hires to ensure required employee relations data is completed and accurate including all recruitment applicant tracking information.
- Assist with the placement of job advertisements in various media.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates.
- Utilize Internet online recruiting sources to identify and recruit candidates.
- Coordinate participation in, set up displays, and work at job fairs.
- Provide information on company facilities and job opportunities to potential applicants.
- Conduct reference and background checks on applicants. Coordinate communication with applicants and/or the recruitment team.
- Open, disposition, and distribute all resumes and applications sent to KSE.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of job files. Collect and review job files for accuracy of data received.
- Complete staffing and recruitment reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Prepare rejection letters, as appropriate.
- File and maintain recruitment records for future reference.
- Assist in evaluating, recommending, and administering benefit programs.
- Work closely with the Benefits Manager who oversees workers compensation process in order to ensure all procedures are adequately followed, when requested.
- Work closely with the Benefits Manager and/or Analyst who oversees FMLA process to ensure accurate tracking mechanisms are established to ensure efficient reporting, calculation of time, and overall efficiency for the company, when requested.
- Assist in the administration of all employee benefits programs, such as group insurance, life, medical and dental, accident and disability insurance, and investment plans.
- Assist with the coordination of personnel procedures to initiate benefits such as disability insurance, medical and life insurance.
- Maintain and initiate as required, forms and or affidavits within the department as they relate to benefits, worker’s compensation, and leaves of absence.
- Assist with the implementation of new benefit programs; arrange and conduct employee information presentations and enrollments.
- Maintain files of benefits data, correspondence, reports, and forms, as directed by the Benefits Manager.
- Evaluate accident reports, ensuring the timely processing of medical bills and temporary total disability benefits.
- Assist with the facilitation of Worker’s Compensation and FMLA. Ensure accurate tracking mechanisms are established to ensure efficient reporting, calculation of time, and overall efficiency for the company as directed by the Manager of Benefits.
- Answer phone calls and e-mails related to general benefit questions.
- Maintain supply of all hard copy forms that are available in HR to employees as related to benefits.
- Assemble in bulk, packets of benefits information distributed at New Hire Orientation Meetings. Quality of packets will be readable and professional.
- Update ADP for New Hires as well as changes to existing staff as it relates to names, titles or departments.
- Complete and send form letters and attachments necessary for employees who request leaves of absence.
- Complete Payroll Change Notice Forms to put employees on leave.
- Complete timesheets for employees who begin leave unexpectedly or have not completed timesheets at the time of their leave and follow up with appropriate manager for signature.
- Complete forms necessary to file Worker’s Compensation claims and call in claims to adjuster.
- Forward Worker’s compensation bills to the Manager of Benefits for payment when necessary.
- Create individual files necessary to manage the information associated with FMLA, Work Comp and Relocations, as directed by the Manager of Benefits.
- Polished interpersonal skills.
- Strong personnel management skills.
- Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of fiscal management and office management techniques.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Assists in the management of company-wide Internship Program.
- Answer phone calls and e-mails related to general human resources questions.· Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues.
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers and employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel extensively, when needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to quickly develop strong affiliate and internal working relationships.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field, required.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience within specific human resources functions to include but not limited to experience in staffing and recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, retention, and training).
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint software applications, required
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How To Apply For This Internship