COMMUNICATIONS/PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERNSHIP
The TEAM Management, LLC, the management company operating the Frisco Fighters, Columbus Wild Dogs, and IFL Business Division, is seeking interns who want to help grow our burgeoning sports brands and work within great markets. The primary focus of the positions will be to support all communications efforts locally, working with members of the media, sports-related blogs and websites, and other outlets to further the brands. The ideal applicant will have had previous experience working in sports at the collegiate or professional level and be self-motivated, creative, curious about advancing their craft and their career, and be ready to take on new challenges.
The positions are available immediately and may be conducted remotely, though in-person is preferred. This is an unpaid internship that can provide school credit, though from time-to-time there could be opportunities for compensation. POSITION OVERVIEW
The selected individuals will assist with a range of duties. A strong writing ability is a must, as is an ability to interview players and coaches, conduct research, and develop content for fans and the media. Must have own transpiration and strong communication and strong interpersonal skills.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write, edit, and post articles for the team website.
- Gather quotes from players and coaches.
- Research and organize stats before and after games.
- Build and edit game notes in Adobe InDesign.
- Assist with posting to team's social media platforms.
- Assist with media responsibilities
- Monitor practice to ensure media and spectators remain in appropriate areas and media gets the information it needs post-practice.
- Assist with set-up of press box on game days.
- Assist in maintaining and updating Digital Asset Management system.
- Assist in updating digital photo and graphics archive.
- Participate in building events and plans for community initiatives.
- Provide administrative support and answer incoming phone calls, and assisting with mail and other incoming communications.
- Interested in pursuing a career in sports communications or journalism.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign.
- Demonstrated writing and grammar proficiency in AP Style.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism within a professional sports environment and in media work zones.
- Ability to work in a structured environment but with the ability to develop strategies and content without direction.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, résumé, and a link to an online portfolio. Applications without portfolio samples will not be considered. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Questions:How did you hear about this job?