The Keystone Ticket Scanning lead
is responsible for overseeing employee breaks, resolve ticket and pass problems, filling out fraudlent pass use paperwork, and providing daily staff leadership for your assigned lift location. Qualified candidates will be required to provide professional communicated information to guests and staff. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Resolve any and all ticket and season pass problems with the help of the ticket office.
- Daily setup, teardown, and maintenance of base area lift mazes.
- Monitor breaks and lunches of staff.
- Professional and effective communication with guests and internal departments. Frequent contacts include Ticket Sales, Lift Operations, Keystone Security, Mountain Safety, and Ski Patrol.
- Investigation of fraudulent season pass and lift ticket usage.
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanor at all times in stressful situations.
- Maintaining safe areas of operation.
- Follow instructions given by manager and supervisor.
- Work on a team environment.
- Presenting yourself in a professional manner by adhering to company guidelines on grooming and attire.
- Have fun!
Learn more about:
- Fluent in all aspects of English - required
- Two (2) years guest service experience - required
- Previous experience leading a team - strongly preferred
- Prior ticket scanning experience - preferred
- Willing to work outdoors in all alpine winter weather conditions - required
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to stand for the entire work shift.
- Able to commit to entire season - required.
- Schedule: Five (5) set shifts per week. Shifts are eight (8) hours from 12pm - 8pm.
- Employment dates: November 5th 2019 - April 12th, 2020.
- Perks: Employee Pass, dependent passes, ski and snowboard lessons, and discounts on lift tickets, food and beverage, retail, and rentals.
We're looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options foradventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest serviceis the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team - where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.