The summer intern will work on HBO Sports programming. Handling media inquiries; researching stories and features; first draft of press releases; creating media contact lists; generating ideas for expanding the awareness of HBO Sports programming.The Daily
- Fulfill media requests
- Search the internet for story placements and feature ideas
- Maintain sports media contact lists
- Study HBO Sports programming.
- Strong knowledge of sports programming.
- Regular reader of Bleacher Report, The Ringer, nba.com, espn.com; Uninterrupted; Sports Center; nfl.com
- Dedicated listener of sports talk radio and read daily sports section in major newspapers
The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August. Eligible students must be rising juniors or seniors enrolled in a degree granting university or college.
Able to work in New York and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing). Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment.
Prior internship experience a plus. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.