IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, YOU MUST COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION ON THE FOLLOW UP PAGES. Intern, Corporate Partnership Department: Corporate Partnership & Marketing Supervisor: Director, Corporate Partnership & Marketing Classification: Part-time (Non-Exempt)
Contribute to the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals Spring Training Operations for the 2020 season as one of our highly valued interns. We’re looking for dynamic individuals who can contribute to our operation in West Palm Beach, Florida. The internship runs from the beginning of November through the beginning of April (firm dates will be determined upon identifying final candidate). The position will work closely with front office executives, gameday staff, facilities staff and fans.
In this role, you will be an essential part of corporate partnership activations, in-game experience and help build memories that last a lifetime. We’re looking for outgoing, enthusiastic and sales driven individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and desire to learn. The Marketing & Corporate Partnerships intern will assist with a variety of tasks related to the branding and promotion of The Houston Astros and the Washington Nationals Spring Training facility.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- 3.0 GPA or higher working toward a degree in Sports Marketing, Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Business or related field.
- Must be reliable and exhibit commitment to meeting both the work schedule and job requirements.
- Ability to work irregular/extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed. Game days could range from 3- 7 working hours.
- Possess a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Office 365, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Sales/Customer service experience is a plus.
- Photography experience is a plus.
- Gameday script writing is a plus.
- Must pass background check.
- Professional conduct, image and demeanor in an office setting.
- Some knowledge Major League Baseball rules, history and players.
This job operates in an office and ballpark stadium setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment. Ability to work in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue in all weather extremes for extended periods of time.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a moderate active role, and will including the individual to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and/or climbing up/down stairs or ladders. Individual may also be required to stoop, kneel, and crouch, and to lift/move/carry items up to 20 lbs on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Due to the nature of this role, you must possess a valid drivers license.Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.Travel
Rare travel maybe expected in this role.Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE/M/F/Vet/DisabilityJob Questions: How did you hear about this job?