The Mountain Safety lead will work to uphold the highest levels of guest safety on the mountain as well as promote the Skier Responsibility Code and Vail Resorts' safety policies and procedures. This position also serves as an ambassador for guest service and resort knowledge. The lead will be responsible for the supervision and management of a 14-22 person crew, ensuring proper coverage on the mountain and managing both guest and employee safety issues. Position requires a willingness to work outside, in all weather conditions for extended periods of time. Advanced skiing or riding are required and previous guest service or mountain safety experience is preferred. The following is a list of job duties that the lead will need to be able to perform:
- Co-supervise and co-manage a crew of 14-22 employees each shift.
- Set the example in using the violator cards to educate and enforce the skier's responsibility code
- Communicate effectively with the Manager and Supervisors keeping them informed on daily activities
- Ensure signage and baffles meet apperance standards and fix those that are not up to standard
- Be proactive and timely in dealing with discipline issues. Involve the supervisor and/ or manager as soon as possible.
- Communicate the importance of staying safe on the job to the crew and communicate non-compliance to the the supervisor and manage
- Ensure all violator cards are retrieved from the patrol hedquarters each day.
- Enter warnings and/or suspensions into the RPOS system and department spread sheet on a daily basis.
- Will assist in the presentation of the violator class.
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays - required
- Able to ski or ride at an advanced level - required
- Previous supervisory experience - preferred
- Previous guest service experience - preferred
- Previous mountain safety experience - preferred
We're looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options foradventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest serviceis the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team - where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.