**This is an un-paid, for academic credit only internship**
Duration: College/University course dates
Boardriders, Inc.; Quiksilver, Roxy and DC Shoes offer internships in various departments and provide college students with supervised practical experience in the workplace. You can intern in departments like Merchandising & Design, Retail Buying, Marketing, Public Relations, Operations and Human Resources to name a few.
To be considered for the Internship Program you MUST
- Be a Junior or Senior currently enrolled at a college or university; or enrolled in an MBA program AND
- Receive school credit for your internship AND
- Able to provide proof of health insurance
(Please note: Students are eligible to intern during their course dates. Students may not begin before course date or continue past course date unless authorization letter is provided) What would you be doing?
The DC SHOES Merchandising Intern will...
What Skills, Major or Experience are we looking for?
- Support Merchandising team in marketplace research for consumer and product insights through competitive shopping and utilizing different industry publications.
- Gain understanding of different tools and reports used by Merchandising team to build seasonal strategies and assortments.
- Work alongside global and regional cross-functional teams to know each team's roles and responsibilities.
- Organize samples for each season's assortments and help in set up/tear down of various meetings and trade shows.
- Fashion, Apparel/Product Merchandising, Business majors preferred
- Must be in a junior or senior year
- Have an interest in fashion, street culture, sports, music, art, and/or action sports
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Must have good knowledge of Retail Math, be a multi-tasker
- Interns receive a discount at our campus store
- Access to our onsite gym
- Attend company events
- Unlimited networking opportunities
- Casual work environment- "shorts, flip flops and tee shirts are acceptable!"