Job Description Description
Nike Demand and Supply Management (DSM) is comprised of Nike Direct Planning, Sales Planning, Demand Planning, Supply & Inventory Planning, S&OP and Marketplace Planning & Analytics. These teams align our end to end demand forecasts and product flow. We ensure our sourcing plans align downstream to marketplace demands, enabling access to Nike product for our consumers when they want, how they want, and where they want it. We strive to make our Athletes* feel loved and in DSM, we do this by meeting their consumer demand.
We are looking for Retail professionals with a passion for serving consumers. Whether you have worked in Planning, Analytics, Merchandising, Supply Chain, or Production, you have the Retail acumen and a proven track record of information seeking, analytical skills, resolving complex business issues and making sound decisions.
Whether you worked in one or several of the functions, you have experience partnering with several of them and have a general understanding of the various functions that contribute to the end to end product life cycle.
As a DSM intern, it's all about collaboration: you will collaborate with Merchandising, Categories, Finance, Consumer Analytics, Membership and Digital Business Partners to say the least. Whether you are working in Global or Geo, you will need to effectively influence and collaborate cross-functionally.
The ideal candidate will think creatively when solving problems, offering fresh ideas and new ways of looking at challenges and opportunities. Ideal candidate is flexible, patient, and able to adapt to changing priorities with ease.
We are looking for:
SOME OF OUR FUNCTIONS INCLUDE: NIKE DIRECT RETAIL PLANNING AND SALES PLANNING
- Independent thinkers who are skilled at negotiating and influencing with the ability to resolve conflict and multiple priorities
- Storytellers, with strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to elicit information, actively listen, dialogue freely, verbalize ideas effectively, facilitate meetings, write clear and concise messages, and deliver presentations
- Change drivers, with the ability to manage process improvement projects and drive change - project management skills are preferred
- Strategic thinkers, who lift up from details and apply the insights to the relevant parts of our business
Optimize demand and supply to serve our consumers and drive profitable and sustainable growth as well as inventory productivity for Nike and our partners. Direct Retail Planning focus on forecasting and allocating the right quantities to the right place at the right time is an integral part of Nike's cross functional offence to execute the '6 Rs': Right Product, Right Quantity, Right Story, Right Place, Right Time and Right Mutual Profitability. DEMAND PLANNING
Consumer Demand = Nike Demand. This team is responsible to sense and shape product demand plans for the marketplace. Create seamless plans from Long Range to Short Range, and maintain critical partnerships with Merchandising on the line plan. SUPPLY & INVENTORY PLANNING
Has end to end ownership and global optimization of supply, materials and inventory planning, to meet consumer demand. Responsible to ensure we have aligned supply and inventory strategies, and drive nimble supply decisions connected to ever changing consumer demand. S&OP
This is about driving faster, better decisions so we maximize revenue, margin, and inventory for the integrated marketplace; through one aligned process and one plan for Nike, Inc. One plan and One process is in a nutshell Integrated Business Planning, which is what we drive for the company. MARKETPLACE PLANNING & ANALYTICS
Enables holistic views of commercial performance across the marketplace with aligned enterprise data and the development of automated, scalable, self-service, on-demand reporting. Advanced Analytics will drive digitization of process & decisions (forecasting, testing and optimization). Qualifications
- Currently pursuing a MBA with an expected graduation date of Winter 2019 or Spring 2020
- Background in Planning, Analytics, Merchandising, Supply Chain, or Production or related field preferred.
- Familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong cross-team calibration; Inspire high levels of engagement, trust, and collaboration across diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong logical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity, able to think creatively and offer fresh ideas
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Passionate about Nike products and the consumer