Legal Intern - Louisville / Sports and Fitness
Life Time Fitness
The Legal Intern is responsible for:
- Assist legal manager in negotiating, writing and executing agreements and contracts on behalf of the company.
- Working alongside legal manager and other business product and practice leaders within the company.
- Assist legal manager in advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals.
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues related to the international expansion initiative.
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues related to the global privacy program initiative.
- Assist legal manager in reviewing documentation including advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements
- Assist legal manager in providing training to the company on legal, compliance and HR topics.
- Help research and advise on compliance issues related to ethics and compliance training; competition, antitrust and trade regulation; corruption and bribery prevention; privacy and data protection; corporate governance, including company secretarial matters, corporate existence and reporting and subsidiary maintenance; regulatory requirements related to professional requirements and credentials and professional standards of practice; trademark, copyright and patent protection; infringement matters; financial and insurance services regulatory compliance; conflicts of interest; and anti-money laundering and OFAC compliance.
- Excellent academic qualifications
- Demonstrated interest in law
- Proficient in Excel
- Entrepreneurial and business background
- Excellent customer service Highly detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Maintain a sense of urgency, stewardship and transparency of our mission and business
- Ability to effectively multi-task with tight deadlines independently and within a team environment; collaborative and resilient to a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to define problems, collect data, draw valid conclusions, implement sound decisions and provide results measurement
- Knowledge of standard office software and operations
How To Apply For This Internship