Intern, CAD Design / Sports Equipment
As part of Timberland's CAD Technical Development team, the intern will have the opportunity to work with experienced CAD Engineers to learn the process involved with making innovative products and complete daily activities for all assigned projects and thoroughly communicate necessary details to reach calendar milestone objectives. Job Requirements:
- 0-1 years in footwear or related field.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or enrollment (complete through third year) in a Bachelor's degree program, Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel and Lotus Notes is needed.
- Working knowledge of 2D CAD and 3D/Solid Modeling required.
- Must be able to work in an extremely creative, fast paced and team environment, and possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both oral and written (in English).
Maintain product integrity with respect to the following points under the direction of the CAD Technical Development team:
- Last development - Learn about the development of lasts based on desired aesthetic, performance, comfort, and fit.
- Mold development - Organize and maintain 2D drawings and 3D CAD model files. Work with Senior CAD Design Engineer during the outsole and molded component development process.
- Review product requirements and recommend optimal material and design specifications based on product performance requirements.
- Technical Package Development - Maintain and update PLM seasonal technical information related to outsole numbers, last numbers, and outsole mini-BOMs.
Maintain and provide a clear form of documentation and communication with CAD Technical Development team.
How To Apply For This Internship