Intern, Design / Sports Equipment
Job Description Position Summary:
We are seeking a motivated, detailed oriented individual who loves footwear and is eager to learn! Come and be part of our creative team by designing footwear that falls within the core values of Timberland. Share your passion with us on sustainability, communicate your discoveries on trend, and express your ideas through innovation and collaboration. Highly motivated to develop and expand your design and communication skills with some of the most talented designers in the business. The preferred candidate will work closely with Senior designers to help support daily objectives and work towards the seasonal creative direction when placing pen to paper. Key Responsibilities:
- Assist in completing CAD revisions, color updates, technical packages, graphics, prints, and trim details. 20 % of time 4 - High relative importance
- Coordinate and maintain seasonal materials, color standards, and presentation boards. 20 % of time 4 - High relative importance
- Gather relevant trend and consumer information for the product category. 20 % of time 4 - High relative importance
- Follow Designer's lead on seasonal themes and apply/extend concepts and color to a variety of styles. 20 % of time 3 - Medium relative importance
- Gain valuable experience through collaboration with the Design and Development teams on molded details, construction, pattern, costing and fit as it relates to footwear. 20 % of time 3 - Medium relative importance
- Pursuing or completion of a Bachelor's degree in Design, Art or a related field or Associates of Art degree from an accredited art school with previous working experience in a design environment.
- Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator / Acrobat / Mac environment.
- Fluent in Illustrator, Photoshop programs, preferably on a Mac environment.
- Fluent in Indesign (another Adobe product so it can go into that line).
- Fluent in Keynote for presentations.
- Strong sketching and renderings skills to communicate concepts and ideas.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with cross-functional teams and handle multiple tasks. Some footwear design experience is a PLUS (even past internships/school work).
- Ability to navigate 3D software, preferable one more of the following: Rhino, Fusion 360, or Modo and Colorway.
How To Apply For This Internship