Instructional Design/Retail Training Intern / Sports Equipment
Please note: The length of this internship is ONE YEAR.
The Instructional Design Intern will primarily assist the National Retail Training Manager in creating and implementing store operations related curriculum and courseware for company owned retail stores.
- Using Addie or similar process, assist in designing and developing retail related training materials for a blended solution for our retail stores (i.e. Instructor-Led, Webinars, and self - pacedeLearning environments). Assist in creating, standardizing and reviewing design, detailed design documents, course materials such as participant's guide, leader's guide, visual aids, job aids and power point training presentations. Assists in the production of audio and video files.
- Work with internal Subject Matter Experts to gather relevant content and solicit feedback and ideas for course design and development. Ability to work with varying levels of employees from front line retail associates to retail leadership.
- Evaluation - Design, conduct, and evaluate training outcomes using current learning evaluation methods. Ensure appropriate evaluation and assessment methods and techniques are applied for select learning experiences.
- Utilize Learning Management System (LMS) to review current eLearning courses and create curriculums on the LMS to help stores track training for each store associate.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- Education: Working toward or recently earned graduate certification or degree in Instructional Design, Learning Technologies, Learning and Development or a similar program. Knowledgeable in adult learning theories, principles; evaluation and assessment methods; understand and comfortable making recommendations regarding the current landscape and trends in innovative learning technologies and learning methodologies, as well as social and mobile technologies.
- Experience: Professional working experience of 1 - 3 years is desirable but not required. Retail knowledge and/or experience are also desirable.
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and complete projects on time while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude.
- Have solid oral and written communicationsskills.
- Computer Software: Experience with Microsoft Office software products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required. Experience with a rapid development authoring tool such as Articulate Studio or Storyline . Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) preferred but not required.
- Applicant has to be authorized to work in the U.S. (International students, have to be able to provide proof of work authorization).
- Flexible work hours to accommodate class schedule during the school semesters.
We're happy to provide traditional benefits, but to us, the greatest benefit of working at New Balance is taking advantage of additional programs that will enhance your life at work and at home as you grow with our business. Each associate is encouraged to take ownership and mold their development process. To guide you in the process we offer traditional and nontraditional development opportunities, including mentor programs, to help you move your body or career, in which our executives participate as mentors. We also offer customized team sessions, on and off-site seminars and tuition reimbursement.
Learn more about our company benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.
How To Apply For This Internship