Internal Auditor - Chanhassen / Sports and Fitness
Life Time Fitness
Range of Responsibility: Performs professional internal auditing work. Work involves conducting performance, financial and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization's management and staff; and providing input to development of the Annual Audit Plan. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works under limited supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgement.
Other essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in identifying and evaluating the organization's risk areas and provides input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgement concerning areas being reviewed.
- Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and the Board of Directors.
- Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Represents Internal Audit on organizational project teams and at management meetings.
- Performs related work as assigned by audit management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university
- Two years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation.
Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, agency staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Public Accounting experience
- Experience in industry auditing and accounting
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance, or
- Certification as a CIA, CPA, or CISA preferred
How To Apply For This Internship