Experience & Education Requirements
- Must have completed a minimum of three years in an accredited four-year college/university degree program OR currently enrolled in a Masters or MBA program
- A minimum GPA of at least 3.0. Academic transcripts (official or unofficial) will be requested
- Some prior internship and/or work experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated interest in working in professional sports
- Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States and international students must have all visas and employment authorizations prior to the start of the internship.
- Completion of this application assumes eligibility to work in the United States.
NFL Summer Internship Program participants have the opportunity to contribute to the organization's success while receiving an unmatched, behind-the-scenes learning experience. Though interns work within specific departments, they are able to explore all aspects of the business of professional football through challenging project assignments, speaker presentations, mentoring relationships, and networking opportunities.
NFL Media oversees the League's online, network, & mobile presence for both studio and remote event based shoots. This internship will support the Production Accounting team which processes the day to day expenses and manages budget tracking for multiple departments and show budgets. The intern will assist in daily accounting tasks, as well as assist with ad hoc projectsESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Production Accounting team with daily administrative tasks
- Generate and reconcile accounts payable reports
- Perform budget data input through use of Excel and a custom tool
- Support Accounting team in reconciling various reports to compare year over year
- Assist in developing ad hoc reports and analyses
- Interact with various departments including Production Management, Digital Media, Scheduling, Operations, Human Resources, and Finance
- Gain understanding of how the NFL Media environment functions day-to-dayJOB REQUIREMENTS
- In pursuit of Accounting, Finance, Business, or Economics
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
The summer program covers a minimum of 9 weeks, from Monday, June 4, 2018 through Friday, August 3rd, 2018. Please note that some departments may require their interns to work past the official end date. If so, this will be communicated to the applicant during the interview process. Interns will be required to work five (5) full days (approximately 40 hours) per week. Interns will be paid an hourly rate for their work.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you are not selected, you will receive an email notification. Please do not contact the NFL regarding the status of your application.