Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.We Are...
Our content is used across multiple platforms -- television, digital media, radio, ESPN The Magazine, and ESPN Mobile. The Stats & Information Group's focal point - besides supplying all statistical information for pro and college sports - is to provide perspective and context around games, key sporting events and breaking news.
Responsibilities A Day in the Life:
Do you have a passion for sports AND statistics? The ESPN Stats & Information Group is dedicated to providing impactful and insightful statistics and information for use across all of ESPN's platforms.
As an intern in the Stats & Information Group's International division, you will use broad and deep sports knowledge to provide content, context and ensure accuracy for ESPN's Spanish-language BottomLines and/or news-and-information shows as Fuera de Juego, #Redes and sport-specific shows on soccer, baseball, basketball and other sports and various game broadcasts.
A Bilingual Stats & Information intern may work in one or both of our international departments: BottomLine and Production Research.
BottomLine: Determine proper treatment of games & news stories, write effective news headlines and ensure 100 percent accuracy of content displayed on the BottomLine.
Production Research: Research original content for use on digital media and show support, including full-screen graphics for TV, anchor lead-ins and original pieces; provide live updates to talent in studio. Basic Qualifications What You Bring to the Role:
- Passion for sports and statistics including expert-level knowledge of players, teams and analytic metrics, especially in international soccer
- Strong news/content awareness and judgment
- Thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment with a meticulous attention to detail in striving for 100 percent accuracy.
- Must have fluency in Spanish-language writing, reading and speaking and be bilingual (written and spoken) in English and Spanish with an ability to translate written English to Spanish and written Spanish to English
- Professional experience working with statistics in a digital, television, print-media or sports information environment
- Experience developing sports content and storylines with a TV station, radio station, newspaper or notable sports blog
- Experience in the Public Relations or Marketing Department of a college, minor league or professional sports team
- Work on an academic project focused on sports journalism, sports business or sports statistics
- Experience using social media in a business or news environment
- Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
Additional Information Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
The length of this internship is 10 weeks, and the approximate dates are June 11 - August 17, 2018. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be fully available throughout the internship including nights (almost exclusively), weekends and holidays. Housing:
This internship is based in Bristol, CT. A limited amount of housing assistance may be available for those who qualify. Transportation:
Must provide own transportation to/from work.
ESPN is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.