Donor Research Internship / Sports Management
Special Olympics Maryland
As a program offered without cost to participants, Special Olympics Maryland relies heavily on the generosity of individual monetary and in-kind gifts in support of our athletes. The Donor Research Intern supports the work of the Vice President for Donor Relations to assist with researching the giving history and affiliation of donors and prospects to Special Olympics Maryland.
Reports To: VP, Donor Relations
- Research prospect giving history to Special Olympics MD through various databases.
- Research prospect affiliations to Special Olympics MD through social media and various
- Assist the VP of Donor Relations with donor cultivation that could include mailing out personal
invitations, letters and preparation for donor cultivation activities.
- Update information about donors and moves management actions in Raisers Edge.
Learning Outcomes: Students completing this internship will gain experience in the following:
- Donor Relations and Cultivation
- Electronic Communication
- Database management
- Technical report writing
- Current undergraduate or graduate student seeking a for-credit internship.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel).
- Working knowledge of Databases
- Meeting schedules and deadlines for events.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills
- Enjoys working with people and a good sense of humor.
- On-site work is required (3701 Commerce Drive, Baltimore, MD 21227)
- Flexible weekdays based on schedule, but available during normal business hours.
How To Apply For This Internship