ESPN Connected Devices develops and maintains a suite of applications for set top boxes, smart TVs, game consoles as well as mobile phones and tablets that deliver a variety of content to consumers including live streaming video, highlights, scores, news and social media.
This intern will participate in the research and prototyping of new technologies and concepts that are of interest to the Connected Devices team. This work will feature the close supervision and guidance of senior engineers along with ample opportunity to complete the work independently. The exact topic(s) will be decided at the start of the term with the intern's skills and interests taken into consideration to find the best fit.
- Work with the Connected Devices technology team to plan, build and test applications for consumer devices
- Investigate new technologies at the direction of staff engineers and report findings
- Participate in application testing alongside dedicated quality assurance personnel.
- Work closely with Project Management to plan and track work in an Agile fashion
- Must be self-motivated, have a strong team orientation, learn quickly and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work with a wide spectrum of consumer facing technologies
- Passion for consumer software development .
- Must enjoy technical troubleshooting and exploration
Preferred Qualifications Experience, including course work or self driven exploration, of iOS, Android, HTML5.
Required Education Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
Company Overview ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company's mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that's beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all Additional Information
- The approximate dates of this internship are January 2018 through May/June 2018
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 accumulative