ESPN Front-End Engineering develops and builds all of the pages and applications used across ESPN.com. This includes working on scoreboards, index/article pages and Gamecast products while maintaining the overall architecture of the site.
- Build new features with the front-end engineering team
- Help test and validate that espn.com pages are working properly
- Work with senior engineers to implement features following established best practices
- Partner with other engineering teams to deliver best solutions
- Real world exposure to front-end web development
- Must be self-motivated, have a strong team orientation, learn quickly and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Qualifications Undergraduate junior going into their senior year
Required Education Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
Company Overview ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company's mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that's beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
- The approximate dates of this internship are January 2018 through May/June 2018
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 accumulative