Sports Medicine Intern, Chula Vista, CA / Sports Management
United States Olympic Committee
Under the supervision and direction of the Senior High Performance Health Care Provider, the sports medicine intern shall provide administrative and supportive assistance to the sports medicine team, including assistance in the operation of the Recovery Center. This may include, but is not limited to, electronic medical record (EMR) document maintenance, scheduling of athletes both in the clinic and through medical partners, filing documents, inventory tracking and maintenance of the clinic and Recovery Center which may include laundry and restocking of supplies. They also are regularly communicating with various physician offices as well as other departments within the USOC. This internship is 5 months in length and does not allow for any hands-on clinical experience. Candidates ideally are able to multi-task at a high level with multiple projects and deadlines with a high level of administrative experience. The Sports Medicine intern is the first face of the clinic and must have excellent customer service skills and professional acumen. Educational Requirements: Enrolled in a Bachelor degree program at the junior or senior level status or enrolled in a Master degree program preferably in the field of Sports Administration.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Schedule treatments, diagnostic studies, specialist referrals and other appointments with clinical partners and providers, as directed.
2. Scanning and filing of medical records and diagnostics studies within the electronic medical record (EMR) system.
3. Ensure clinic and Recovery Center are organized, well stocked and maintained
4. Schedule athletes for Recovery Center services and massage.
5. Assistance with transporting athletes to and from medical appointments.
6. Assist with collection and organization of clinic and Recovery Center metrics.
7. Other projects, as assigned.
Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Power Point & Outlook.
Passion for sport and the ideals of the Olympic Movement
Sport experience preferred (i.e., active in competitive/intramural sports).
Must be eligible to work in the USA.
Excellent communication and human relations skills.
Ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment.
Office environment in Sports Medicine clinic at CV Olympic Training Site
Please note that no housing or dining is available on-site and must be secured off-site.
How To Apply For This Internship