Ticket Sales Internship (SUMMER 2018) / Pro Sports
The Bismarck Larks are offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world sports sales experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry upon graduation. Sales & Marketing –cold-calling, delivering a sales pitch, closing the sale
The Ticket Sales Intern will gain knowledge & exposure in areas such as:
Database Management – lead generation/prospecting, developing a database
Customer Service – answering questions, providing information, diffusing problems
Gameday Operations – building customer relationships, over delivering with customers
About the Organization:
The Bismarck Larks were one of two teams to join the Northwoods League in 2017. Located just outside of downtown Bismarck, North Dakota the team plays at the newly renovated Bismarck Municipal Park which holds 1,600 fans. After a very successful Inaugural Season in which the Larks sold out 27 out of 36 home games, the Larks look to continue to build and become a staple in Bismarck.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any Summer Collegiate Baseball League in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: May 14, 2018 – Negotiable
End Date: August 17, 2018 – Negotiable
Academic Qualifications: Declared major or minor in Sport Management or General Management (Other majors will be considered including, but not limited to: Journalism, Marketing, Food Management, and Business)
Description of Responsibilities:
· Contacting qualified sales leads to generate ticket sales revenue through season ticket, group outings and mini plans
· Prospecting and creating for new clients in season tickets, groups and hospitality events
· Handling customer service and ticketing issues
· Attending/staffing additional outside events (community relations)
· Work in to box office on game nights assisting fans with walk-up sales
· Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· Availability to work all games and events
· Must be a team player with strong leadership skills ?
· Must be enthusiastic with a desire to work hard and have a positive “can?do” attitude
· Cash handling experience preferred
· Customer Service & Management experience preferred
· Self motivated and ability to take initiative
· Skills with various power tools, and in different maintenance areas is a plus
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Sheets
· The ability to work extended hours upwards of 14 hours and lift 50 lbs.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Detail oriented and organized
· Competitive and committed
· Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
· Effective time management skills
Reports To: Director of Ticket Sales
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship.
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective may be earned.
How To Apply For This Internship