Tough Mudder's mission is "to create unconventional, life-changing experiences," and from day one, we've built a culture to reflect that philosophy. TMHQ is full of quirky overachievers who are smart, passionate, and great at their jobs. And we all started somewhere. From CEO Will Dean to our newest employees, there was a time when each of us had a blank sheet of paper for a resume.
Our ideal intern wants more than a few lines on their resume - they want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. As a TMHQ intern, you'll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you're capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart people, and, most of all, to enjoy the journey of building a world-class events organization.
Sound like something you can get on board with? The Job:
Tough Mudder is seeking an amazing Supply Chain Intern. Our Supply Chain team is the ‘oil in the cogs' of North American operational unit. We make sure all of our items are moving from point A to point B in the quickest, most efficient way possible, all while maintaining a warehouse with stocked shelves. Day to day, the job involves tracking shipments, analyzing inventory reports, communicating and negotiating with vendors, and helping our on-site operations team from back in the office to ensure that events go on smoothly and get delivered on time and on budget. You must be available at least two days a week in the TMHQ office in Brooklyn, NY, ideally through December 2017 (close of the fall semester). Please note that this is part-time, unpaid/for credit opportunity. The Work:
- Research and recommend companies for sourcing core product for events and procure managing process through to payment
- Set up receiving for all new purchases the moment our procurement team issues a purchase order
- Initiate international shipments by creating commercial invoices, facilitating pick-ups and seeing through to final destination
- Support the liaison with our third-party warehouse in respect to daily operations for inbound shipments and warehouse inventory requests
- Provide early identification of problem shipments, if any; communicate/resolve with stakeholders and coordinate/implement solutions
- Prepare daily and weekly activity reports on inbound & outbound shipments or warehouse inventory levels
- Be a core support of the Supply Chain team and in turn Tough Mudder in the US and globally
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects (and associated stakeholders) simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify key, actionable insights.
- Ability to work in an fast-paced environment with often rapidly changing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student pursing a degree in Supply Chain Management/Logistics
- Previous exposure to procurement and international logistics
- Familiarity with Google Apps platform including Drive and MS Office
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge is essential
Tough Mudder is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.