Event Operations Internship - Fall 2017 / Pro Sports
New York Red Bulls
The Event Operations Internship comprises of various duties for all events held at Red Bull Arena and others done by Red Bull New York. The goal of the operations department is to provide students with event operations experience at the premier soccer destination in North America. The candidate must be able to receive college credit as per the college’s requirements.
Interns report directly to the Event Operations Manager but also interact regularly with the entire operations staff at Red Bull Arena. During the internship, they are involved in all event preparation, set-up, logistics, breakdown, and special projects for all New York Red Bulls, New York Red Bulls II events and events at Red Bull Arena.
Learn the ins and outs of Long-term Arena projects (inventory, business planning…etc.)
Learn what goes in to Event preparation and planning (MLS and USL matches)
Learn 3rd party event coordination
Learn what it takes for Improvement of operational processes at Red Bull Arena (Data analysis, Policies and Procedures…etc.)
- Aid in the daily operation of Red Bull Arena.
- Coordinate with other Red Bull New York departments to ensure successful event planning and execution (Event Marketing, Partnerships, Premium Services, Sales, Ticketing, Fan Services, Communications, Community Relations, Academy/Training Programs, and First Team Operations).
- Assist other Red Bull Arena operations staff when support is required (Grounds, Facilities, Multimedia, Security, Cleaning, and IT)
- Liaise between event staff (Stretcher Crew, Ball Kid Supervisors and Photo Marshal).
- Locker room and team bench area equipment upgrades, inventory and purchasing.
- Streamline ordering process for event supplies and locker room product.
- Assist in developing yearly budget plan for locker room product usage and team product consumption.
- Ensure proper equipment usage and inventory tracking for radios, tables, chairs, stanchions, tents, field seats, field boards, bike racks, and all other operations marketing and event activation equipment.
-Plan and execute all USL matches held at MSU.
We expect Interns to remain flexible on both scheduling and responsibilities, and champion a team first approach to the Event Operations Internship Program.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Event attendance is Strongly Encouraged (weekends, weeknights and long hours are common) therefore weekday schedules are flexible, approximately 35-50 hours per week depending on events.
- Students pursuing a career in Sport Management and event/stadium operations are preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Possess a strong work ethic, take a leadership approach, and is a self-starter.
- Experienced in high stress, fast paced environments.
- Succeed in a competitive team atmosphere.
- Able to lift 30lbs, without strain.
- Comfortable being active for extended periods.
Candidates who are detail oriented, and take pride in event presentation are preferred. A passion for soccer is a plus.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, your assigned hours may vary to reflect the business needs of the company and will include hours during game days.
How To Apply For This Internship