Experience & Education Requirements
- Law students in their second first or second year of law school (preferred).
- GPA of 3.0 or above.
The NFL Legal Internship Program participants have the opportunity to contribute to the organization's success while receiving an unmatched, behind-the-scenes learning experience. Though interns work within specific departments, they are able to explore all aspects of the business of professional football through speaker presentations, mentoring relationships and networking opportunities.DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW:
The NFL legal department supports all of the NFL's entities by providing counsel on a wide range of legal issues including, without limitation, intellectual property, corporate transactional representation, commercial deal structuring, and litigation management. The department also provides advice and counsel to NFL clubs and proactively develops policies and practices consistent with the NFL's legal and business standards. Internship description:
Responsibilities for the legal internship in our Corporate Legal department may include:
* Legal research and writing
* Transactional work and contract review
* Litigation projects and intellectual property matters
* Assisting with trial preparation for litigation
* Assisting with various legal department projects as neededRequired experience and skills:
* Law student in the first or second year
* Candidates should possess strong organizational skills, fine attention to detail and sharp analytical skills.