Media Relations Intern - Fall 2017 / Pro Sports
Interns in the Media Relations Department will assist in the coordination of all media relations aspects for the Indiana Pacers. Interns will maintain news clip files, prepare information for visiting team media, assist in game night department functions including: media check-in, media area setup and obtaining postgame quotes.Junior, senior or graduate level student in media/public relations, communications or journalism.
1. Assist in game-day setup of media work room and work credential table pregame.
2. Acquiring postgame quotes from visiting coaches and/or players.
3. Assist in statistical/historical compiling of information.
4. Updating current statistics in Excel-based documents on a daily basis.
5. Assisting in other departments when needed.
6. Compiling news clips daily from internet sources, emails, newspapers, magazines, etc.
7. Prepare packets/information for visiting team media
Criteria and Qualifications include:
Strong writing and proofreading skills
Availability for long hours/home games
Adaptability to a fast-paced environment and ability to multitask
Computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook
Basketball knowledge a plus
Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
How To Apply For This Internship