MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM), the interactive and mobile division of Major League Baseball, is the developer of several award-winning products, Apps and services. Some of these include: MLB Gameday, MLB.TV, Fantasy Baseball, Beat the Streak, and the #1 sports app and a Hall of Fame inductee for iPhone, iPad and Macworld - MLB At Bat! We are also an industry leader in the development and distribution of live streaming video events over multiple platforms.
We are looking for software engineering interns to contribute to our world leading digital brand. Our summer interns will gain hands-on experience and gain professional gratification by having their efforts exposed to millions of users around the globe. Some of the opportunities available include: Multimedia Development building live video and video on demand systems for products on mobile, web and connected devices platforms; Subscription Services working on web services which expose our platform's user functionality; Core Technology developing solutions which reach across our entire ecosystem.
These positions are located in New York, NY or San Francisco, CA. Interns are expected to complete a minimum of eight to ten weeks but specific dates will be determined by school schedules. This is a paid internship.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- The opportunity to work on a bleeding edge technology stack
- The opportunity to work with a world-class team of Software Engineers
- The opportunity to work on award-winning and complex apps and systems
- The opportunity to have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
- The opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Work with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process
- Participate in the full-lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance)
- Working towards a Computer Science related degree
- Self-learner, independent, and have outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Familiarity with (nice to have but not required):
- Service oriented Software Architecture
- Web service development, REST or SOAP APIs
- Open source java software including Spring, JQuery, Apache projects, etc..
- Writing SQL queries or DB administration including Oracle or Mysql databases
- NoSQL solutions including Cassandra or Mongo
- High load, highly scalable and distributed applications
- JMS, messaging and asynchronous processing design
- Node.js including open source modules