Summer Nationals Marketing Intern / Sports Management
World Racing Group
This is a hands-on role where you get the opportunity for practical motorsports marketing experience. You won't fetch coffee and shadow meetings with this internship!
You'll travel as part of the DIRTcar UMP team to all of the Summer Nationals and Summit Equipment Modified Nationals series events in the Midwest. You'll start out in our North Carolina office on or around June 1 to prepare the marketing materials needed for the series, then head out on the road through the full series before concluding back in our office at the end of the tour on or around July 31.
* Travel to all the events in the 2017 DIRTcar Summer Nationals series, including Summit Equipment Modified Nationals
* Execute at-track deliverables including but not limited to: signage, reporting and set-up/breakdown
* Communicate with WRG Client Services to ensure partnership fulfillment
* Provide at-event support for DIRTcar officials and partners
* Clerical duties
* Prepare marketing materials, such as banner boxes, decal kits, etc.
* Assist in social media and public relations coverage by fulfilling the needs of our Facebook, Twitter and other accounts; partner with the Client Services, Public Relations and Digital teams to ensure coverage
* Must be a currently enrolled student in an accredited college or university; preference given to rising juniors and seniors
* Preferred majors include Motorsports Management, Public Relations, Sports Management or Marketing
* Must be able to travel throughout the Central US and to North Carolina from June 1 through July 31, 2017
* Possession of a valid driver's license; able to drive a dually truck pulling a loaded trailer
* Knowledge of/interest in grassroots motorsports preferred
* Strong verbal communication skills
* Self motivated, accountable, and energetic
* Position requires frequent standing, walking, occasional climbing, kneeling, twisting and bending; must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds; frequent use of hands to grasp and feel; use of close vision
* Stipend paid a conclusion of internship at rate of $500/month (maximum of $1,500 if internship successfully completed in full)
* Will be reimbursed $25/travel day as a meal per diem
* Will be reimbursed mileage at the company rate if using personal vehicle
* Lodging will be provided in accordance with company practices
How To Apply For This Internship