Internship-Sports Marketing, PR & Event-Management / Sports Management
NIGSA (Nómadas International Group S.A.)
NIGSA (Nómadas International Group SA) is a race event organiser of annual running races Ultra Fiord, Patagonian International Marathon and Ultra Trail Torres del Paine, and long-distance adventure race Patagonian Expedition Race. Based in Punta Arenas, Chile, we offer internships in a variety of different disciplines, including Event Management, PR, Marketing, Journalism, Logistics, Web-Development, Design, HR, and Cartography.
About The Internship
NIGSA constantly seeks individuals who are passionate about the outdoors and who wish to develop their skills in the exciting environment of major globally recognized events. As an intern, you will learn about sponsorships, event marketing and partnerships through working with companies, institutions and media partners locally and around the world. You will additionally be working closely with our experienced logistics crew to learn about logistics and coordination during the planning and the actual running of the events. This diverse job-scope fosters an invaluable opportunity for interns to acquire knowledge of the various aspects of a global sports event management.
A commitment of at least 3 months is required to ensure both the chosen interns and NIGSA maximizes the experience for each and every individual, while requests for full-year placements will be looked on most favourably.
The intern will learn under the mentorship of staff and execute tasks in the following aspects:
- Acquisition and negotiation of international media coverage
- Acquisition and negotiation of international, national and regional sponsorship
- Involvement in all media communication related to the events, particularly Facebook and Instagram.
- E-marketing: Managing contents of website and social media pages
- Handling sponsors, press and participants on location during the events
- Acquisition of international journalists attending the events
- Drafting international marketing and media plans
- Drafting press releases, press-kits & articles, as well as coordinating international distribution
- Drafting international business plans for new projects
- Elaboration of advertising materials and merchandising articles
- Managing international press/participant inquiries
- Participating in the preparation and all logistical aspects of the events
You possess the following professional skills:
- Degree in Marketing, Sport Management or Business preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in your native language
- Intermediate English or Spanish written and oral skills, if English or Spanish is not your native language.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Internet)
- Comfortable to handle social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
You have the following social and personal skills:
- Affinity towards sports, nature, conservation and adventure
- Experience in running, mountain biking and their related races serves as an advantage
- Outgoing, friendly and helpful attitude towards staff and clients
- High degree of self-initiative and creativity
- Good leadership quality
- Ability to work independently and be committed to the quality of your work
- Ability to work under pressure especially during events
- Flexible in working hours particularly in the preparation and during the events when work hours can be long and irregular
- Lodging in shared accommodation
- Monthly stipend of 50,000 Chilean pesos
- Daily lunch from Monday – Friday
To apply for this position:
Recruitment for internship is ongoing throughout the year so there is no deadline to send in your application, unless positions are fully filled up. Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Apply For This Internship