Troon Golf - Hospitality InternDescription:
Thank you for your Interest in working with the Fountaingrove Club, located right in the middle of wine country. We are seeking an enthusiastic Intern who is prepared to start building their career in hospitality.
Our internship programs utilize a multi-level implementation to first create a solid foundation for you and then grow your knowledge from there. As a Hospitality Intern for the Fountaingrove Club you would be started off as a Snack Bar Attendant and work your way to various other positions regarding Hospitality.
Snack Bar Attendant
Supports food servers and beverage cart attendants by preparing food and/or beverages. Provides quality service to members and guests.
• Ensures guests are attended to in a prompt, efficient and personalized manner.
• Prepares and serves food and beverage items.
• Maintains organized and clean work area.
• Controls inventory through conscientious use and careful monitoring of all food and beverage products.
• Receives deliveries of product from vendors and ensures proper storage.
• Reports to department manager when supplies need to be ordered.
• Stocks and inventories products.
• Responds to customer questions regarding the general information of facility.
• Supplies support to food servers and beverage cart attendants to ensure excellent service to members and guests.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of applicable state liquor laws and standard operating procedures provided by management.
• Communicates guest concerns or comments immediately to the Director, Food and Beverage and Chef.
• Reviews schedule for changes, calendar of events and facility activities on a daily basis.
• Utilizes point of sale system.
• Accountable for cash and check transactions.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required.
The next step in your internship process would to become a Food Runner/Busser, responsible for assisting servers in providing efficient service by keeping the room neat and clean.
• Assures that all materials used by servers are clean and ready for daily operation.
• Possesses knowledge of the position of each diner's chair in the dining rooms and lounges.
• Sets the outside line with under liner plates, flatware, doilies, linen napkins and any other items needed for the delivering of food.
• Organizes the plates in the window and matches each one with each ticket to run the food out to the tables.
• Sets tables in accordance with Troon Golf standards.
• Ensures that each menu item is prepared in the exact detail outlined in each ticket.
• Corrects the menu item with the chef before delivering the menu item if it is not meeting the exact specification on the ticket. (For example; are the steaks prepared to the temperature modified on the ticket? Does the hamburger come with pickles, only as specified on the ticket?)
• Fills and re-fills water glasses and removes any place settings not being used.
• Clears dishes located in front of guest upon completion of course.
• Clears and resets tables when guests leave, to include but not limited to: changes tablecloth, brushes chairs, places chairs at tables, replaces silverware and glassware, and replaces napkins.
• Assists the server when needed.
• Keeps work stations well stocked of items and ingredients.
• Cleans workstations, takes out trash, and vacuums the dining room.
The final area of your internship would be working the responsibilities of Greeter. You will receive and seat guests at the restaurant facility, while ensuring that guests are given friendly, attentive and efficient service in the dining room.
• Welcomes each guest with a smile and a friendly greeting and escorts guests to their assigned table.
• Controls the flow of work in the room by seating guests in station rotation while maintaining guest lists and following and enforcing check issue procedures.
• Assigns opening and/or closing side duties. Supervises side work and ensure completed lists of set ups of all stations before departure of service staff.
• Maintains reservation book, takes incoming telephone calls, notes reservations and special requests by guests.
• Remains knowledgeable of all menu items, prices and general service procedures.
• Responsible for standards of appearance and cleanliness in all service areas.
• Remains visible on dining room floor, and is easily accessible to guests, staff and management.
• Checks all tables daily, before service to ensure proper settings.
• Assists with side work and/or assisting service staff with bussing tables, taking cocktail orders, etc.
• Communicates guest requests and concerns to the department manager. Apply For This Internship