Columbia Sportswear - Footwear Merch Intern
As an intern you will be onsite at Columbia Sportswear Company HQ for 10 weeks over summer as a part of a specific department participating in various projects and events to learn about Columbia Sportswear Company. Interns will undertake a challenging project designed to blend strategic and operational work.
Highlights of our program include:
- One on one mentor based learning
- Speaker sessions/lunch & learns
- Business acumen learning opportunities and exposure to our corporate strategy
- Team building and networking activities
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities
Our goal with the summer internship program is personal development and growth by contributing to some of Columbia Sportswear Company's key initiatives. Project Summary:
As a Footwear Merchant Intern for Columbia Sportswear Brand, you will help deliver consumer and market research and insights to support footwear product creation concepts aligned under the direction of our internal Product and Regional merch teams.
- Provide support for Footwear Merch Director and Global FW Merch team in preparing S21 Seasonal Strategy insights and tools through research and curation of key market and consumer insights, with emphasis on range building, line architecture, classification and Style/SKU analysis, and pricing to inform the seasonal line plan and product briefs.
- Work closely with Merchants to curate and interpret consumer and market needs: bench marking competitor line architecture, GBB strategies, and marketplace presence through retail, e-comm and social media channels. Engage in local market travel to gain thorough understanding of consumer/product requirements.
- Gain exposure to Product Merchandising process from line plan through product creation/execution, GTM and delivery. Participate in seasonal business, assortment planning and key product creation gates and dates.
- Against a targeted consumer group and product type - research, collaborate, define and present a market opportunity and proposed line plan to the x-functional footwear team.
- Work with department members to ensure that deadlines are met to reach Company goals.
- Learn to actively promote a positive team environment by interacting in a professional manner that supports the global Footwear team and Columbia brand culture and values.
- Junior class standing or entering senior year, recent graduate OR rising MBA Student
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles
- Declared major in program of study that aligns with internship project
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Problem-solving skills and strong initiative
- Team-oriented thinking with enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Ability to access all levels and areas of the facility
- Relationship-building aptitude
- Problem analysis, decision making and analytical capabilities
- Diverse background, experiences and skill sets
- Ability to complete 10 week summer internship, 40 hours/week
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age
OTS-COL Apply For This Internship