Sports Internship News Feed
Featured Internship for Tuesday, February 25, 2020
Legends - Culinary InternDescriptionThe Role
The Culinary Intern will report directly to the Culinary Lead with the primary responsibility being to supervise all operations within their assigned department.Job Description:
The Culinary Intern will report directly to the Culinary Lead with the primary responsibility being to supervise all operations within their assigned department. The Culinary Intern will be assigned to one of three departments, premiums (VIP), main concessions, or food concepts. This position will begin in May 2020 and conclude in September 2020. Local (upstate NY) students currently enrolled in a culinary program are preferred.Responsibilities:
- Support the production of menu items in a timely manner, in accordance with company standards.
- Facilitate all necessary set-up task, as well as, the preparation of all food items; opening and closing duties; replenishment and rotation of stock as directed by the Culinary Lead.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness; both in personal hygiene, and in the kitchen.
- Ability to follow directions precisely and consistently; maintenance of work area and proper food storage.
- Adhere to all company policies and venue rules; strong understanding that exceeding guest expectations is key.
- Create a team environment within their department, as well as, with all other staff venue wide.
- Prepare employee meal prior to each event.
- Lead a pre-event meeting with assigned culinary team; reiterating all goals/standards for that evening.
Apply For This Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Professional training through culinary education or a fast-paced, high-volume fine dining restaurant/catering facility; full service casual dining preferred.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, team orientated setting.
- Ability to work all venue events including extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to interact positively with co-workers.
- Extensive knowledge of food and beverage menu; all specials and services offered.
- Ability to ensure team compliance with all company service standards/policies.
- Ability to read, speak and write in English.
- Ability to lift and transport food and other items weighing up to 30 pounds, occasionally 50 pounds.
- Mobility to perform assigned production tasks including constant reaching, bending, stooping, wiping, pushing, and pulling for extended periods of time.
- Part Time Seasonal position
More Sports Internships
EXOS - Corp Wellness and Fitness Internship - Summer
Recreation Sports - Learning Opportunities: Each of our locations may offer a slightly different internship opportunity, however interns will generally gain experience in conducting fitness testing and evaluation, providing safe and effective exercise programs and group exercise, assisting in planning and implementa
Texas Rangers - General Internship
Pro Sports -
Puma North America Inc. - Internship Apparel Design Sportstyle
Sports Equipment - Support the Design Team in the execution of innovative apparel design development aimed at continuous design innovation and achieving set goals.
Levy - On-Deck Summer Intern PRGM-Graphic Design
Sports Management -